Welcome to A Stampers Paradise!

You've stumbled upon my escape from the daily grind! I hope you enjoy what you see here. I am a SU Demo who loves trying new techniques, holding card making classes, creating techniques of my own, and most recently blog design, I love anything stamping related! I hope you'll stay a minute and come again! I'd love to know you were here, so feel free to leave comments!

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Gettin' Sketchy with it...

 I have been making this size card for a while now, and it's probably my favorite size! They are perfect to hold money, gift certificates and notes folded up inside. It measures 4"x8" and has a 2" pocket inside. I start with an 8" x 10" sheet of cardstock and score the long side at 2" and 6". This gives you three sections, and the short one gets glued in the corners to make the pocket. So easy! I used Early Edition DSP by SU as the background paper on this card. I LOVE this paper! This particular sheet happens to be an encyclopedia type page all about Cherry Blossoms, facts and info about them, what they represent, where they grow, etc. It was so fitting for the image! The black 1/2 pearls in the bottom right corner are SU Basic Pearls colored a few times with a Black Sharpie. I never need more than one coat for other colors, but black is really purple, so it takes a few times to get it dark. I LOVE coloring on both the Pearls and the Rhinestones! The shape in the left is a Labels Die from Nestabilities. It's cut, then embossing and sponged in the center, leaving the outside ridge uninked. Love it!
 Here's a shot of the inside. I added a pull out message card inside the pocket and stamped the corners to match. Another strip of DSP finishes off the inside. This worn look is just small tears in the paper (and roughing up all edges), and folding them a little, then sponging them heavily with River Rock ink.
This is the sketch I designed for a fun group I swap with. I design these monthly for the group, and still enjoy it very much. I thought for a while that blog design would be my new addiction, but nope, it's sketches! I do all my sketches exclusively in My Digital Studio.

***Most supplies are SU!***

Stamp: Embrace Life
Paper: Basic Black, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla & First Edition DSP
Ink: Basic Black, River Rock, Pink Pirouette, Rose Red


7 comments:

gale said...

How pretty!! I love how you did the inside. Really cool.

María said...

Very lovely and practical card thanks for sharing the measurements. TFS :)

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the color palette you used! And I know, this is a perfect size and I NEVER make them! I need to!

Jenn Embry said...

What a gorgeous card and great take on the sketch! I love it! I think I may have to try making some of these, especially with graduation and weddings come up.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love it! I have only made this size like once in my life. Now I'm questioning why! lol! Tysm for sharing. :)

Renee said...

Great card!! love the inside its awesome. hugz n blessings.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. i like the dsp. and the layout. It all flows together very prettily.